Saturday, December 8, 2012

#10 - Enjoy Green Challenge, Before Race Day

I'm making this official: Ding Tea serves the second best Bubble Milk Tea of all, in Malaysia.

If he spilled the drink all over the dashboard, I will not hesitate to stab murder my co-pilot.

So, only a few hours left to go before somebody murder the sky, I went to pick up my race pack at the padang opposite the Amcorp Mall in P.J. It was a bumper crowd, there - right beside the field and inside the A&W restaurant.

I walked to the collection counter, showed my I.C., and a few seconds later was handed with a red tote bag with New Balance printed across the front. Or the back. It has two sides.

Fair to say I was delighted.

The face says "thrilled", the body says "dafuq?"

Inside the tote bag contains the usual stuff: sleeveless shirt (New Balance, but this time they printed the number on the shirt, so no racing bib for me this time, and definitely no timing chip), and a host of few other free gift from the sponsors...

The color scheme is... spasmodic!

Oh, and should I mention here, casually, that this is actually a trail run, and not a road run. That's 15km of running on uneven surfaces that is sure to prove very taxing on my gradually-getting-creaky knees.

And worse still - finisher's medal for the first 50 only.

That's me rocking the "totally not a champion" look like a champion

This blog, in ten hours time, will have one of the saddest entry for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment